Third Croatian International Homebrew Competition.
1. All BJCP categories will be accepted except meads and braggots. Only grain based beers.
We will also accept Black IPAs. Black IPA category description will be supplied
2. Maximum of 5 entries per person, 1 entry per category. Different beers can be entered
into separate sub categories of the same category, so, for instance, the same person can
enter a Robust Porter and a Brown Porter, but they cannot enter 2 Robust Porters.
3. One liter of beer must be supplied for each entry. Bottles of 33 or 50 cl will be accepted.
3 bottles of each entry must be supplied in either 33 or 50 cl sizes. ONLY these sizes will
be accepted. You can mix and match if needed, entering some bottles as 33 cl and some
as 50 cl.
4. Beer must be packaged in bottles with no markings of any kind. No raised glass, no
logos, no labels, no marks on the cap. If the cap has marks on it, black them out with a
marker before entering.
5. Each beer must have a bottle ID form attached to it with a rubber band. Do NOT use
tape or glue, DO NOT use metal wire to attach the form, ONLY a rubber band.
6. Each entrant must also supply an entry form. In addition to this, users must file their
entry form digitally. Online registration will be open from 15.4.2014. on:
We will have this system set up well ahead of time and will supply this information on
pivarstvo.info or will be sent by email.
7. The deadline for entries is May 31st, 2014. All entries must be received by 8PM on that
day. For people traveling long distances to attend the show, they can get special
permission to hand in their entries the day of competition, June 7th, by 9 AM, but they
must ask for permission ahead of time and get approval. If they do not get this
approval, they must pay double the entry fee for each entry they hand in after May
31st. To ask for permission for late entry, please e-mail us at
8. Beers must be delivered to Magic Beer Room, Dr. Luje Naletilida 4, 10000 Zagreb .Fees
must be paid when beers are delivered or they will not be accepted. For people further
away, other means of delivery can be arranged. Please contact Andrej.
9. Categories will be consolidated. So, it is likely that Robust Porter, Brown Porter, Dry
Stout, Foreign Extra Stout and American Stout will be judged together, for example.
Judges will judge the beers against the category in which they are entered, though. So, a
dry stout that is made perfectly to style will get a very good score while a Foreign Extra
Stout which is a better beer but tastes like a Porter and not a Stout will score lower.
10. With that in mind, please make sure you enter the correct category. We will not be
reassigning beers. They will be judged in the category in which they are entered. If you
enter an Imperial Stout as a Belgian Dark Strong Ale instead, you get a very, very low
score even if the beer is good.
11. The entry fee for each entry is 10 kuna or 1.5 euros. No other currency will be accepted.
12. This competition will be registered with the BJCP and will follow that style of judging. All
judges will have had sensory training with the Siebel Sensory Flavor Kit. Judges cannot
judge in categories in which they are entered. We will do blind judging. Judges will not
know whose beer they are judging, so don’t be shy about entering a beer that you need
feedback on. Competition is a good way to get a critique of your beer that can help you
improve as a brewer. Nobody will know about your scoresheets unless you tell them.
13. If you want to take sensory training and be a judge, please e-mail us at
email@example.com to be added to the list. Sensory training has a fee.
We will let you know the fee before classes start.
14. For people attending the competition, the fee for entry will be 60 kuna or 8 euros per
person to help cover the costs of food and other expenses. No other currency will be
accepted. Number of places is limited. Please make reservation or buy ticket on time.
Address for online reservations and places to buy tickets will be anounced later.
A verseny teljes kiírását a következő pdf fájlban találjátok: